Thursday, August 19, 2010

3rd Surfestival 2008. An a surfing exhibition.


Hi everybody!

Today I will talk about 3rd Surfestival in 2008. This festival have an exhibition of surfboard, surf movies like "Chile Oculto" or "One Track Mind", an music. This festival was realize in december 2008, the first week in many places. I visited this festival in Mall Sport in Santiago de Chile. The festival traveled to Iquique, Maitencillo, Pichilemu and Puertecillo. The last Surfestival was cancelled in Santiago, because it had problems with the earthquake.

I really enjoyed this event, because it is the moment who disconnect to the routine and test (I visited this festival after PSU) and I really interested about places to surf in Chile and another places in the world. As well, I visited the surfboard exhibition, when have many designs of chilean shapers (Shaper: A person who design and create a surfboard) or world shapers.
The negative point of this festival is the bad experience in the mall, because the place closed at 10 pm, and the festival closed at 11:30 pm, so I trapped, because all the doors was close with padlocks and chains. Solution: I ran to the parking lot in the underground an I escaped to the street to go to the bus stop.
I decided to go to this event because it's free, near to my house and the topic is interesting and... I needed to relax after PSU. This festival didn't have many people but enough to the develop of the festival.
The music of this festival was good, because the brazilian singer sings covers of Jack Johnson or other singers or bands and his songs in portuguese.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting,Cristián!!
    I hope you to be a good surfer
    jajajaja
    I´m kidding
    see you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes Brazilian music in a surf event?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talking about surf?, that is too strange

    ReplyDelete