Thursday, August 12, 2010

Snowboarding, an activity that i would like to do.


Hi everybody!

Today, in the 2nd semester, I will talk about something interesting I would like to do. This activity is snowboarding. But, what it is?

Snowboarding is an activity very similar to surfing, but it isn't realize in the sea. Only practice in the snow (that is the reason of the name snow-boarding). But, board in the snow? Yes, the board isn't made up with wood, but made up with aluminium. The first snowboard was create in 1968. In Chile, in the 90's is the first practice in the ski resorts (Lagunillas and Valle Nevado).

And why you would like to do it?

Because, it's similar to surfing. I tried to have classes of snowboarding in 2005, but in the school group, I was the only person interested to practice this sport, all of the classmates like skiing. The most important reason is, practice snowboarding is very useful to practice surfing, mainly balance and legs moving.

This activity is interesting because it's funny, similar to skateboarding, surfing or other board sports. In my case, the place do I will practice, is near to my house, because I live closer to the mountain.

But, I think this activity is to be good to practice, because i have experience in surfing (not very good, but i practice something) and snowboarding is very similar. I think it's is not complicated to me and i learn very quickly. The problem is, this activity is very expensive, to have equipment and to go to the ski resorts.


4 comments:

  1. it's a good sport, but I couldn't practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is a very intresting sport, but very difficult for me but you have experience!!
    see you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See this,cc
    http://mmb442.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-i-would-like-to-do.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cristian, last night i found this, something related with surf....the longest wave in the world.. i hope u like.
    http://surfnotwork.com/surf-vacation-2/surf-chicama

    ReplyDelete