Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My favorite "Fiestas Patrias"

Hi everybody!
Today I will talk about my favorite "Fiestas Patrias" memory. Today, I can write in my blog, because I have problems with my Google Account, sorry for my delay.
My favorite "Fiestas Patrias", I don't remember the year, but i have good memories for that. This party was realizing in my grandmother house, in Tomé, in Biobío Region. This party was funny and I ate a lot of seafood, meat (in barbecue, obviously) and the best of that, this celebration had to get together to all my relatives, parents and friends. This celebration had not only seafood or meat; I ate many potatoes with mayonnaise and carrot, other salads and fruits and a good dessert (cake). The place is beautiful to have celebration, because many people celebrate in their houses in the day and the "Fondas" in the night.
But, why this celebration it was so memorable?
Because this is the last celebration where all my relatives were present, except last year and today, I can't celebrate the "18" with my relatives other years, because the money who spent for to travel to the south of Chile is a lot, and this celebrations I spendt money in kebabs, barbecues, wine (good wine, not "Cartoné" or wine in a Tetra Pak), punch ("Ponche") of peach, pineapple or strawberry ("Borgoña"), "Vino Navegado" (Hot wine, with skin of orange and cinnamon) and many other drinks, like "Chicha".
The last year, my family tries to get together with my relatives and this celebration was good, but today, the ambient is very different to the last year. The reason is, the last earthquake and tsunami was affect to my relatives and the city (Tomé) and the place that I stay (Pingueral). The landscape is very different to the last year, I saw the destruction of the tsunami and the reason for the celebration in the south of Chile is to meet again, after the earthquake.


1 comment:

  1. i think i have nevr celebrated the fiestas patris in the south of chile, i would like to do it.

    ReplyDelete