Thursday, September 9, 2010

Students demonstrations

Hi everybody!

Today I will talk about student demonstrations. This week and the last week the students of my faculty, had a demonstration of education politics of the government. I really don't like explain this topic, but it's an obligatory activity...

These students voted stopped academic activities in the FAU, and some students had a march in the center of Santiago. The consequences of this march, in the last Thursday had a strike with the police and they shot paintballs to inside the university and tear gas.

Leopoldo Prat, dean of the FAU, wrote a public declaration and explains all the situation of students, point of view of the strike and the reason of this demonstration. After, Víctor Pérez, rector of Universidad de Chile, wrote other public declaration, who explains a preoccupation of this situation, suspended a meeting with the general director of the police and set a meeting with Rodrigo Hinzpeter, Ministry of the Interior.

Personally I think these demonstrations always generate problems, strikes between students and government, doesn’t generate dialog with 2 parts and don’t resolve the problem of education. Refer to I need to participate of this activities; I don’t like that, because I don’t like to generate problems with the police.

But the reason of in this Blog, don’t explain more about my opinion of this demonstration, because I have a lot of problems with my classmates with this topic, about classes suspension and all of this meeting of faculty and I really, don’t like to explain more of this topic and all the readers of this blog and the teacher understand my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment